The Smith Carrier Building, also known as the old Penney’s Building, was erected in 1926 and opened for business in 1927 as a Denton’s Department store. It became J.C. Penney’s in the mid ’30s. Today it has been renovated as residential and commercial condos by Public Interest Projects. The residential spaces have been occupied since 2002. While there aren’t any units still offered by the developer, condos periodically come on the market for resale.
Smith-Carrier Condos range in size from 720 square feet to 3,900 square feet and offer a variety of bedroom and bathroom combinations.
Smith-Carrier Building Features
- Location close to Grove Arcade Public Market, Civic Center, Battery Park, and Wall Street
- Roof top terrace
- Hardwood floors
- High ceilings
- Many original architectural details
- Catwalk to Rankin Parking Garage
Smith-Carrier Condos for Sale
Click on each of the following links to view current availabilities for sale in the described locations.